Friday, August 29, 2008

I decided to go with a more "boy" theme

I figured since my life revolves around boys, that at least for the short term my blog should too. Hence I got rid of the pink flowers and went with blue plaid.

Now I have to ask all you families with girls, what do you do in your evenings? We just got done having the "sweetest" (that is a quote from Jason) nerf dart gun fight in our living room. Everyone was hiding behind couches and chairs and shooting each other. I am not sure if it was before or after Robert shot me in the forehead that I began thinking I bet we wouldnt' be doing this if we had four girls......

Of course the boys (Mostly Robert the dad) got carried away and we had to put the guns away, but for the short time we played it was a lot of fun. i am positive we totally taught the boys a really bad habit of shooting people with nerf darts, but they were so funny rolling around like action movie stars. In my defense I didn't buy them the guns, grandma and grandpa did for Cody and carson's birthday. I am sure that in a few days I will be ripping nerf darts in half and silently murmering at my mother for buying them. But dang I say let boys be boys, and shoot the heck out of each other!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I like your new background. Very cute...even if it is "boyish". :O)

I can't speak for everyone else that only has girls but in my house you would think I had boys living here. With my personality and Trey's....our girls can not be girly all the time. We throw down and wrestle and get dirty with them.
My husband and I agree that Madison (the youngest) is very girly; she loves her dresses & shoes. BUT she is a HUGE tom boy. She will take down my 8 y/o old in a heart beat. She's nuts! lol

McGraw Family said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I hope that Kayla will be able to partcipate when she is old enough!!!

Amanda said...

I'm LOVING this background! Not that I did not like the "boyish" theme, but this is really cute!

Cindy and Robert said...

Thanks So much, I was afraid it may be too busy!

Wilken Family... Mary, Dave, Andrew & Emily said...

Love the new background! Very cool...

Unknown said...

i can't wait till your boys get home from their missions, and are sitting around reminising. cuz thats when you get the real picture they have of their childhood. its hysterical how each of our boys remember the same 'dart fight'. i love it!!