Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Family Campout and other news

Well we had our annual family campout, and while it was sooooo much fun, it was also really really cold! Back here in Oregon while temps were reaching close to 110 degrees, we were all freezing, and lucky if we hit 60. Then on the last night, which I loved, we had about a 12 hour lightening and thunder and RAIN storm. It poured all night long. But our tent stood strong. The boys loved it! The bad part was packing up the next day in the down pour. We got home everyone and everything was drenched.
The next day the boys and Robert headed up to Uncle Derek and Aunt Nic's house and left Mom home all alone for three days. Now first reaction is "Oh wow you must have loved all that time to yourself!" Ummmm no I absolutely hated it. It was way too quiet, and I have an OCD need to over worry about people when they aren't near me. So needless to say I made myself sick the first night and then pouted for two days. I pretty much wasted the whole time. But I think next time I will be able to better embrace the peacefulness. This is the first time I have ever spent more than a night away from the boys. On thing I definately liked was not being responsible for anyone!!!! I could go and do or not do what ever I wanted. I didnt have to check in with anyone. That lack of stress was definately great. But I am very glad to have my family all together in one house.

So the day the boys got back, was the day their cousins from Idaho came over to visit. They ended up spending he night, and I now owe my mom a huge apology! Here I was laying on the couch at midnight trying to get everyone quiet so we could go to bed, and all I hear is constant giggling, whispering, and more giggling, and I started having flashbacks to my childhood, when my poor mom was laying at home at midnight telling us if we didnt' be quiet and go to bed we were in trouble. It actually made me laugh! So I just left them alone and let them giggle and considered it my punishment 25 years later. We had so much fun while they were here. We swam, went to the park, had dinner parties and watched movies. I was totally exhausted by the time this weekend was over. We miss you guys so much and can't wait till we come to visit at spring break. It is going to be so much fun. Unfortuneately, I have no pics yet!!! They are coming though. I am going to steal them off the rest of the families blogs. My camera wouldn't cooperate with me so I got mad and put it away for the whole weekend.

School starts on Tuesday and Mom couldn't be happier!!!!! I will have three in school and only one at home, YAY! I seriously can't wait. We need some routine restored to our home. And the boys need some new faces to stare at all day. I think they are sick of each other. I am so ready for homework, reading, and a cleaner house. Not sure how Carson is going to react to being the only one home, but I think it will be good for him.

Oh yeah today just happens to be my baby's FOURTH BIRTHDAY! I can't believe he is four!


Happy Birthday Carson! We love you!

3 comments:

McGraw Family said...

Happy Birthday Carson! Sounds like life was really full for a while! We were so happy to have the boys and Robert up to visit! I hope you can come next time! Love you and miss you!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Carson!

Sounds like you guys had fun on your camping trip. I enjoyed reading your post. :O)

Molly said...

Oh, your baby is four! Is that crazy! I know what you mean about school. My boys are about ready to kill eachother! I will have two in school and two at home. Two more years before I have only one left. That's kinda sad!