Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun!

We had so much fun last night getting ready for Halloween. I have to say the older the kids get the more fun holidays become. Let me start this post by saying that we have been going through a financially challenging time in our family. With both mine and Robert's jobs relating directly to the state of the economy we have been dealing in some difficult times, and been dealt some serious blows to our income. That being said I decided this year I was not going to spend ANY money on cosutmes. The boys could decide what they wanted to be, but they had to MAKE their costume from what ever they found in the house. So last night was our Halloween party at our house. We carved pumpkins, ate pizza and put together costumes. While I was slightly afraid the boys would maybe not look quite as "cool" as their classmates at the halloween parade, we went ahead and put some costumes together. I don't have pictures yet, I will post those later tonight, But the boys actually looked really great. Bobby is a beat up karate kid with bruises and a black eye. Cody is Indiana Jones, Jason is the Incredible Hulk, and Carson I think is going to Iron Man (He has decided he wants to be Carson Lee Le Bel for Halloween, the only not "stupid" costume he could think of.). Overall the costumes look good, definately homemade, but creative, and the boys had a BLAST putting them together. Then we watched halloween cartoons; the boys love "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", and it is so fun watch them laugh hysterically at Snoopy. I think we have created a new tradition in our family. Hopefully next year we will have some extra money to help the boys create costumes, but I think creating them and putting it all together was fun and excting for all of us.
Watch for my pics later, Robert also dressed up today, but I don't want to ruin the surprise you will have to check back for a picture later :) !

3 comments:

jen said...

Homemade costumes are the only real costumes. At the boys halloween parade I thought the homemade ones were the best! Can't wait to see the pics.

Jen

McGraw Family said...

I love homemade costumes! I loved Robert's! What is even better is you put it together for him!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

megs said...

Creativity is nothing to be worried or ashamed of. They will probably remember these costumes long after the store-bought junk is forgotten. :)