Friday, February 20, 2009

A Military Man

Ok, so I haven't wanted to say anything until it was official, and it can't get more official than this. Robert has joined the National Guard and ships to BootCamp on Tuesday the 24th. This is something we have been weighing and due to the current economic situation and the status of his current employment, we went with it. He will be gone four 4 months, and we will have little to no contact with him, other than letter writing. As scary as the thought of being without him for four months and being a single mom with FOUR BOYS, sounds in my brain, I am very at peace with our decision. This is something that Robert has wanted to do for a long time, and is an exciting opportunity for our family. We have definitely weighed the options and pros and cons of the sitution and know what we are getting into.

I am so proud of his desire to support our country and our family, and I support him 100%. I just wanted to fill everyone in on our crazy life, and let you all know if I seem a little crazy for the next four months, it is probably just because I am.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I just found out about this this week. When I told Spencer he said, "so it isn't too late for me." Spencer has always wanted to join the military and feels like he owes it to our country. We are very impressed with his and your decision. We appreciate our service men and honor their sacrifice to protect us as a nation.
PLEASE let us help out any way that we can. I will call and try to figure out a way that I can help so that you won't go crazy during the 4 months. You are an amazingly strong woman but even the strong need help sometimes.
Tell Robert good luck from us.

Kari said...

Cindy,
What an adventure you two are embarking on, but just think, in four months it will be so worth it! Let us know if you need anything, we would love to have Carson over for play dates, so please call if you are ever feeling overwhelmed, adding one more to the bunch is no problem for me.

Robert will make a fabulous soldier, and he will make you all proud. Our prayers will be with you all during this time, hang in there girl, you can do it!!

Craig said...

Okay, I am just finding this out! I think it is awesome. Robert will do great. I assume he is already gone so tell him I said Hi and Congrats! You let me know if you need anything! I would be glad to help in any way that I can.

Amanda said...

Message me ANYTIME you want to talk! I've been thinking about ya girl.

Take care of you and those boys. :O)

The deVilleneuves said...

Hey LeBels! I'm proud of another LDS serviceman. I'm thankful they will stand up and fight. I think Robert's brother, Mike, was in the military, too, years ago? I'm proud of both of them. Thank you for protecting us, and our Constitution. Thank you for sacrificing. Thank you to Sis. LeBel and the boys for their sacrifice, also. I'm not sure which is greater, but I know I am thankful for the example of both! Godspeed, Brother. Honestly.
Sister deVilleneuve and children