Monday, December 15, 2008

5:30 AM Wake Up Call.......

This morning I woke to the sound of children playing outside in the snow......AT 5:30 AM!!!!!!! I am laying in bed and hear giggling and laughing and screaming so I look out my beroom window and there are all four of my boys having a snowball fight and building a huge snowman. Robert gets up and runs in the mornings and apparently he accidently woke up Bobby this morning when he left. So Bobby looked out the window and sees a winter wonderland that he had been patiently waiting for all weekend. So being the thoughtful big brother he is, he felt it necessary to wake up all his brother and help the little boys get dressed and go play in the snow. I couldn't believe it when I realized what they were doing. First off it was COLD!!! I didn't even want to get my cozy hiney out of bed, let alone have a snowball fight!
Let me tell you about this great snow man they built. It was actually taller than Bobby! Considering their meager resources they did very well. They were going for a whole family of snow people, but Carson kept destorying them as soon as they were done. So they decided to attack Carson instead. Poor kid, he deserved it, but this was his first year to really go "play" with his brothers. It was a lot of fun to see it. I took some fun pictures once it was light enough to take them, but I can't find my cord to down load them right now. So I will post them later. I just had to tell you about all the fun we had this morning.

4 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

There really was a lot of snow this morning!!

Kari said...

I don't think I could have done 5:30, but, then again, we only get snow once or twice a season, so enjoy it while you can!!

jen said...

Since living in Rexburg I can't even get my kids to walk to school in the snow without complaining and the school is right behind us!! Don't get me wrong they do play in it but it has lost is's "wow" factor. I remember playing in the snow until I almost had frosbite. Love ya and I can't wait to see the pics.

Kristi said...

5:30 is early...at least for playing in the snow. Little Spencer wakes up at 5:00 am every morning, and yes wakes his brothers up too.
The snow was so pretty. I am glad they got to play in it, even if it was at 5:30.